Jump-start your college application process with the help of two seasoned admissions professionals. Over the course of a few summer days, we will guide you through our action-packed writing program, proven to help students craft dynamic, memorable, and effective essays.
Interactive Writing Workshop
As you progress through our interactive writing workshop, you will:
- Gain the confidence you need to tackle your applications head-on.
- Work one-on-one with professional editors/advisors to find your unique voice and bring life to your writing.
- Learn how to edit effectively.
- Gain concrete skills that you can use now to dramatically improve all of your writing.
- Reflect on your unique activities, experiences, and contributions to explore potential topics and find the story that only you can tell.
- Develop a full working version of one 500- to 750-word essay for the school of your choice
- Formulate a game plan for other full-length and short answer essays
- Revise and polish the working draft begun in Stage One, completing second and third drafts.
- Begin a new essay or develop one of your secondary essays from Stage One.
- Access a deeper, more authentic level of expression.
Vanessa Roth and Susan Weber are certified college advisors based in the East Bay. Both are graduates of UC Berkeley’s College Admissions and Career Planning Program. Vanessa received her B.A. and Professional Editing Certification from UC Berkeley. She is the founder and director of Scholar’s Station, an in-home academic support company. Susan earned her B.A. and M.A. degrees from UCLA and offers independent college admissions consulting.
Click here for more information and to get started today!